Sunday, 4 November 2012

Swan Lake Halloween

Last night I attended my third Halloween party.
I haven't been to one in years so I was so excited when my friend Cinsy called up to invite me over for tea and cake!
We all ate delicious food and biscuits with tea and watched fireworks.

My outfit was inspired by Rodarte white swan costumes from Black Swan.
I wanted to make is look 'scary' for the halloween occasion, so I made my own 'mirror' blade and placed it on my bodice.
I started out with an old colourful bodice/bralet I got from Topshop years ago, with some leftover white fabrics I stitched it over the corset to create a blank canvas. Then, with some elastic and tulle, I made a really basic tutu that I wore over my American Apparel petticoat. And the headpiece was made out of cardboard I cut out in the shape of two giant teardrops.
And with the wonders of the glue gun, I added lots of white feathers to the headpiece and bodice! With some red/black feathers, I chopped them into small pieces and glued them around the 'mirror' blade.
It wasn't perfect, but I had so much fun making it that I want it wear it again!
I hope someone will invite me to a fancy dress party soon.



Cinsy and I via Instagram

Cinsy, Nathalie and I / Sparklers!

What did you do for Halloween? Did you dress up?

4 comments:

  1. In australia Halloween isn't celebrated as much as other countries sadly, although I still do something. BUT this year I did absolutely nothing the weekend before halloween because I was already busy and then because halloween was on a school night I had a lot of homework to get through.

    Lovely costume by the way, it is a very original concept. I mean making the bodice with the glass. Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, this is the third time I celebrated Halloween, it's not really as big in england either, its mainly an event so stores have an excuse to sell loads of things!
      Thankyou very much! :)

      Delete
  2. Your dress is amazing!! ♥

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete