Friday, 18 January 2013

Green and Blacks Chocolate Brownies.




Due to an overwhelming response on my Instagram, I have received lots of lovely compliments from the food I have lovingly prepared!
I thought it would be a great idea to share a favourite recipe on my blog once a month or so.
Without further ado, this is my first terrible attempt at this.

Chocolate brownies is a great way to start this off considering I have used this recipe many times! They are a great rich and delicious treat, I have even passed down the recipe to a friend. Which is great feedback!

What you will need:
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (Green and Blacks works best)
- 100 grams of butter
- 200 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75 grams of plain flower
½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1. Firstly, preheat your oven to 180°c / Gas 4 / 350°c and grease with butter or line with greaseproof paper a 20 x 20cm baking tin.
2. Measure out the butter a melt on a low heat, (or microwave) and add the 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix together. Set this to the side.
3. In a large mixing bowl put the dry ingredients into the bowl:  flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix these together and add the vanilla extract.
4. By now the chocolate butter should have cooled down, so break the eggs into the bowl and stir well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and carefully fold the dry into the chocolatey goodness. Mix this with care! Do not over do it, otherwise the the brownies will not rise.
6. Pour the cake mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top overly evenly with a spatula. Place into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.

The brownies should have a spongey touch but still be warm and soft inside. Leave to cool and then cut into small squares! I'd say small squares because I feel like they are rich enough as small bites, and enough to go around!


2 comments: