Thursday, 14 February 2013

New York Fashion Week Favourites: Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013

Wasn't New York Fashion Week magnificent? I enjoyed watching so many collections this week! It was very difficult indeed to narrow down a few favourites but here they are!

Red Valentino Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013
Each season Red Valentino blows me away by their feminine, doll like styles. I am admiring the details of the embroidery work on each piece, those delicate pleats in the crochet and cotton dresses. I also love wool string tied around the cardigans, the bow belts and finishing seams on the denim skirt and all the socks. Oh, I just love it all! What else can I say? This outfit identifies me and my style. I am overly inspired and want to create some mini dresses with small waists!

Jill Stuart Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013
I realised that it was hard to find a resource of a good quality image for this collection. Needless to say, these pieces must be seen in real life, they have so much texture that holds these outfits together, it seems incredibly difficult to capture it all in a short space of time.
I tried to limit myself to pick a variety of styles when I pick out my favourites, but all of the dresses from Jill Stuart are absolutely beautiful. Those velvet, silk and giant black lace fabrics create such beauty within these dresses. I admire the asymmetric cuts and style as they add so much delight and floatation to the structure fabrics and patterns.

Alice + Olivia Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013
Maybe it was just the beautiful rose headpieces or the contrast of the makeup, but I found this collection as a favourite considering it gave a  vibe of night children and vampires. These luxurious, strong, dark colours in each outfit create such an immediate attention to the detail and texture of each piece. From emerald crumpled rose dresses and ruby red tweed jackets to satin lapis skirts and black lace rara skirts. It all has a combination of elegance and modern style.
I am head over heels for that zebra handbag, they are one of my favourite animals an it clusters so well with a black and white combination. I need it!

Marc by Marc Jacobs Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013
I have never so badly wanted my own jumpsuit after spotting Cara Delevingne rocking one in the collection, they look so comfortable and effortlessly stylish. Cold weather has never looked so good when wearing fisherman jumpers and brightly blocked simple cuts.
I adore the vanity weekend cases that create a key piece to the outfit, those handbags definitely complete it all!

Anna Sui Ready to Wear Autumn Winter 2013
Miss Sui has always so easily schemed out her collections by adding a innocent and flirtatious style to her looks. I adore the bursts of fun from the arrays of colours. I can't help but notice a common resemblance of inspiration from a bohemian style. The colour block patterns and detail on the seams of the jackets and cardigans attract my attention to this particular look. It is something not easily accomplished, but that tweed jacket and chunky necklaces have ticked all my boxes!

Did you have any favourites or inspiration from New York Fashion Week this season?

3 comments:

  1. I think these types of blog posts are my favourites of yous. I get excited to see which designers and outfits you chose as your favourites :)

    x g.
    http://pearlveins.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      This really means a lot, I adore writing and rambling on about just a little amount of the huge Fashion Week event! And I'm honoured that others enjoy my small reviews too! :)
      Thank you for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. Great post, I just love the way you edit it!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete