Friday, 23 August 2013

Sketch London: Pre-Eighteenth birthday afternoon tea.

Yesterday was my Eighteenth birthday! at last!
But on the 'eve' of my birthday, my mama took myself to the most beautiful land of floral interior and mythical cakes.
This was my first afternoon tea ever. And to do it in so much style at the amazing Sketch London was such an honour.

Everything. Was. So. Perfect.

We arrived a little early, so we dove straight into the amazing bathroom of egg pods. And yes, I peed in an egg. heh.
Then we were greeted in The Glade room, in which we indulged ourselves in comfortable upholstery, tassel curtains and floral fabrics.
But then. Our afternoon tea was served. And I couldn't think my life could get any better in that moment. But it did. And I was in absolute heaven.
The waitresses were so so lovely, I even received a handwritten chocolate happy birthday with even more cake and a candle!

First (after we sipped our beautiful tea, rose buds!) we went for the savoury sandwiches that I tried caviar, I do not eat fish but I definitely ate all the fillings as they were amazing!
Then we went onto the scones wrapped inside a hot serviette, topped with clotted cream, blueberry and raspberry jam.
After this belly filling delight, we slowly made our way through the cakes that were tiny towers of perfection.
I couldn't even name an ultimate favourite, everything was heavenly!
We even got to take the cakes home for later as we could not possibly eat anymore!
I will never forget this amazing moment.


work that hair flip gurl














Dress: Topshop / Shoes: Asos / Corsage: Scent Flowers

I was also given a beautiful Rose corsage that matched my outfit perfect from Scent! I want to keep it forever.

I want to live at Sketch, I didn't even get to photograph it all! Another excuse to go back and visit their restaurant, or their bar since I'm now eighteen!

My Mama surprised me after with my Papa coming to see us after our afternoon tea. We went into Chanel and Miu Miu stores and Liberty department store. A little bit of shopping after big bellys had to be done!
Of course, I HAD to get a coconut Mama Papa and I shared after! So refreshing... I walked into Selfridges holding it like no big deal. haha!
I'll be doing another post soon of my actual birthday and what I received/bought next week!

Thankyou Sketch for existing and being to perfect to our hearts content.

♡ ♡ 

6 comments:

  1. Ahh insane! Pastries are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to visit this place it looks amazing, and the afternoon tea looks truly delightful. Sounds/looks like you had a fabulous time and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go! It's incredible, I want to live there and eat cake all day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Libbie, I hope you had a great time! Looks like you enjoyed yourself with your lovely Mum...can't spot a vegan cake for me in there :-) Happy, happy belated birthday to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete