Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Photo Diary: Birthday at Dishoom

A couple of weeks ago I spent my actual 18th birthday in my favourite part of the City, East London. It's almost like a second home. I help out with my parents shop at Spitalfields market on the Antique day on Thursdays!
We popped to The Breakfast Club for a Veggie burrito, it was their 8th birthday that day and it was 80's theme crazy! yay!
After that we went to The Commercial Tavern, a superb eclectic pub/bar on the corner of Commercial Street. The shabby interior is so so glamourous, upstairs and downstairs! I was swooning at the puzzle pieced chimney breast and assorted wallpaper strips.
My parents and I had cocktails, and they were fabulous. Mine was like a pina colada but with mango instead of coconut I think? It had a strawberry on top!

Then, after shooting some cliche street art down Shoreditch (which is always tempting) we went to Dishoom which has the most amazing variety of Bombay food. I've been their once before for a Chai Tea Latte that made me fall in love with Chai even more than I possibly could.
We enjoyed sitting outside in comfortable cushioned chairs with old photographs and ornaments on the fireplace. And we indulged ourselves with Black Dahl, Gunpowder potatoes, Calamari, Far Fars and Roomali Roti.
I had Paneer Tikka myself, as my Mama had Mahi Tikka (fish) and Papa had Spicy Lamb Chops.
It definitely received our approval and 'thum's up'.
Everything was so lovely and I was very generous to receive free Mango and Malai Kulfi desserts. Dishoom had done their homework and found out it was my birthday from twitter!
I'm so thankful for these amazing treats, I definitely could of popped after this day and afternoon tea at Sketch the day before.


(All photographs taken on my Fujica Film 25mm. Please please please do not pick at my photographs without permission.)










This gentleman wanted his photograph taken outside of Bagel Bake, but it's a little blurred from slow dark shutter and he was quite jumpy! haha


Oh yeah, and I got to try a Red Velvet Cupcake at Birdwood Bakery.. I REGRET NOTHING.
(seriously though, birthday treats all round.)

♡ ♡ 

2 comments:

  1. it was oh so delicious wasn't it? the vibe, the food, the company and the day! the way that 18th birthdays should be x❤

    ReplyDelete