Saturday, 18 July 2015

Reinvention through style.










reinvention (verb)
Line breaks: re|invent
Pronunciation: riːɪnˈvɛnt
1. Change (something) so much that it appears to be entirely new
2. (reinvent oneself) Take up a radically new job or way of life

Admitting something to yourself is one thing, but to hear from the two most stylish people I have known yet to confirm this, it does upset me on how much I have changed my taste in fashion. I no longer need to dress to impress anyone, to match up or dress like a mum. 
If I could reinvent myself over night then life would be too easy, I am ready for a long journey that awaits ahead. I have already come this far from black drainpipes, studded belts bought in camden market and homemade tutus. I have lost a lot of colour in my wardrobe, sticking to safety with blues and greys. But why? I am young and slim, I have this chance to wear anything I desire. (except for those Miu Miu heels, I have been told I have to wear them out soon for an ultimate ego boost... help)

It has been difficult going into a store without grabbing the first striped garment I could lay my eyes on. I must detach myself from that. Some words that I have heard repeatedly is changing my hair or get a piercing. I don't think I have the urge for any of those variations, but I will determine myself to add more colour into my style.
Heck, on the current topic of 'reinvention', I haven't said no to a single thing yet (except for going to a club, sweaty horny teenagers? no thankyou). Some incredible exciting opportunities have popped up in my life and I cannot wait to document and share my adventures on my blog.
I feel like I am having a mid life crisis, in the words of Johann Strauss II I have taken the words yolo literally. Just you wait for the next upcoming months.

If you want to keep more up to date and admire my wonderful expertise at taking photographs through an iPhone, I am on Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen so much colour, isn't it exciting? Well I am excited for you and lucky me for sharing it all with you!

    ReplyDelete