Tuesday, 12 January 2016

អង្គរវត្ត : Prasat Angkor Wat






Hasselblad 500: Kodak Ektar 120 ISO 100

We took a quick 40 minute plane journey across Tonle Sap lake from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, our favourite tour guide, Borret, picked us up from the airport and took us to catch the sunset at Angkor Wat. When we first approached the temple I thought to myself, wow, this is really it. I was completely dumbfounded. As we walked in the galleries and climbed through the libraries I believed that it could get no better than this. I was completely wrong, this was only the beginning of exploring the beauty inside ancient ruins. One part of this visit I particularly loved was leaving the temple, well, not exactly. We exited through the east side of the land, as we walked back it was a beautiful sight to see the temple and the forest empty. The monkeys jumped out of the trees and onto the roofs of the galleries, in a way it reminded me very much of how nature is indestructible. At the end of each day the bats, roots and creatures of the forest possess their territory. Only those who step onto the grounds can admire the architecture in the day light. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! so satisfying when camera rolls come out good!

    ReplyDelete