Saturday, 30 January 2016

Sitting on the tree roots at sunrise.


Ta Prohm between 5 - 6 am.
Location of film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2001
Hasselblad 500cm Kodak Ektar ISO 100 120mm

There were several reasons why I went to Cambodia, not just for myself but for my mama and most importantly for my auntie, Zoë: the greek definition of life. As she completely filled her life with success and travel. She was my 'tomb raider' when I was a young child, she was the beautiful lady who climbed mountains and canoed down dangerous rivers. A part of her heart was set in Asia, and I had never felt more obliged to visit and explore the land these past few months. I look up to both of my Aunties, small elements of my personality have been inspired by them both. Zoë's career path has lead me to dream big, she worked for Puma and met some of the best athlete stars. Zoë designed ski wear that just had to be tested by her team in the French Alps. She did not visit Cambodia, but I know she would have loved every moment of it. I know that her spirit will admire the steps I take in the future, for both my travel and career.

1 comment:

  1. it was a truly memorable experience and something I will remember forever: so glad I got to share it with you :-)

    ReplyDelete